Sunday, January 07, 2018

What is the world coming to?!?

I ordered navy insulated curtains from Plow and Hearth. When I opened the package today, it contained a red xmas-themed table runner. WTH? When online procurement fails, I fear the end of the world. Fingers crossed on my order from The Company Store. Nonetheless, I ordered a book from Amazon.
  • Prepped Nora's bedroom for her impending 10-day stay. I'm a little anxious about being solely responsible for her for so long, but apparently I am the only grandparent, not to mention relative, who is capable of doing this even though two of the other grandparents are ten years younger.
  • Knitting: usual quota on the baby blanket, plus worked on the face mask.
  • Since the weather is more tolerable in the afternoon, that is when I have been walking the dogs. But it throws off my entire day.
  • Reading: Sunday Journal Gazette, January 1 New Yorker. I think I am giving up on Future Home of the Living God. Started Jar City. I don't know Icelandic, but the translation seems off to me.
  • Paid one bill for the association (I'm the treasurer), but it took two checks as I totally ruined one. It's 2018.
  • I had left the candy canes on the Norfolk pine houseplant, figuring my granddaughter and I could eat them bit by bit. But Beau, the Feline Destroyer of all Things Nice, decided to finally mess with them. Now they are in a cupboard.
  • The Meyer lemon plant is simply bursting with blossoms! What a wonderful smell, especially in winter.
  • More Call the Midwife.

No comments: