Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Cabin fever


  • Decided that I needed to get out of the house and run some errands. Not wanting to lock the dogs in their crates after no morning walks, I took them to doggy daycare. 
  • But first, my SO called. He had texted me earlier about a dead car battery but his daughter stopped by and gave him a jump. Unfortunately, every time he turned off the car, it would not restart, like in the parking lot of the post office downtown. So after dropping the dogs off, I jumped him (TWICE) while following him around in search of a battery. Then he graciously took me out to lunch. He helps me so often that I am grateful to be able to return the favor. 
  • Then my errands: the food co-op, Target, Fresh Thyme, home to drop off the food; library, Kroger, JoAnn, then pick up the dogs. 
  • I have boarded the dogs at the doggy daycare place before. While they had fun and exercise, they seemed rather relieved not to be left overnight. And properly exhausted.

  • Watched two more episodes of Call the Midwife. Started reading Hardcore Twenty-Four, the latest Janet Evanovich. The Stephanie Plum books are a quick read no matter the number of pages because there is so little printing on each page.

No comments: