Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Sicko

From out of the blue, a virus has struck me down. I so rarely get sick beyond a case of the sniffles that I'm not sure what to make of this. The worst part is the throat pain when I cough anything up. To top it off, I had a lousy night's sleep, so besides feeling fatigued from being sick, I'm just plain tired.
  • Since I am picking up my granddaughter from school on Friday, I had to reschedule my haircut to today, at 8:15. That meant setting my alarm clock. The dogs are becoming accustomed to every day bringing a new "schedule". I didn't walk them at all today, as besides being sick and tired, I worry about slipping on the icy streets.
  • After the haircut, I ran a few errands, including a stop at Simply Sock Yarn Co's brick and mortar store. Now I have enough yarn to finish the baby blanket, plus some "sky blue" fingering for a new pair of socks. Some of my older pairs are wearing out.
  • I tried to nap but the dogs were being bad, the robo calls have started in again (the computers must take the xmas season off), the mail carrier delivered my mail and a book from Amazon to my door, etc.
  • I managed to get the dogs in for their nail trims, but decided to bag the spinning guild meeting tonight, even though there would be extruded rose bush to spin.
  • My spinning wheel is not very portable, so I am contemplating getting a second one that folds. It's a sizable investment but if I am going to spin-ins and guild meetings and workshops, it would be very handy.
  • Watched more Call the Midwife.

No comments: