Tuesday, January 16, 2018

On my last nerve

I wondered what might cause a break in this boring little diary, and the virus did it. After a night of slimy night sweats, I woke without a fever Friday. Even showered and washed my hair and dressed in something besides pj's. That exhausted me. Here it is, four days later, and I'm a bit better but not much, as I sound like I am hacking up a lung. A friend suggested Mucinex and that seems to be helping.

I'm on "grandma duty" while my daughter and husband enjoy a cruise. They are soaking up some sun in the Caribbean while the rest of us shiver and moan and suffer from cabin fever. Even the pets are turning on each other. I anticipated Nora being in school for the better part of each weekday during my stint, but it was cancelled last Friday, Monday was a holiday, and today was a two-hour delay. Fortunately, two of the other grandparents have helped out some.

Otherwise, it has been really boring around here. I finished Jar City and started Silence of the Grave. No TV except for 72 Dangerous Animals (Nora's choice). Today I knit a bit on the baby blanket, made some phone calls, and thought about cooking soup but opted for beanie wienies instead.

No comments: