This wasn't my idea. Blame it on All & Sundry. Play along if you wish.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Added a room to my house. I didn't do the work, but the stress was all mine.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Yes, and yes.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Two of my WW friends became grandmothers for the first time. They are beating me in the Grandparent Race.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Sadly, yes.
5. What countries did you visit? Canada, for the final time without a passport.
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Confidence in my retirement accounts.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Election Day. Duh.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Showing up at work on a regular basis. You don't know how hard that is!
9. What was your biggest failure? We don't dwell on failures.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, but I gained ten pounds. That hurts!
11. What was the best thing you bought? The new room.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Hillary, as evidenced by her convention speech.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Giuliani, as evidenced by his convention speech.
14. Where did most of your money go? The new room.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The election.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I'm blanking on this one.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? same
b) thinner or fatter? fatter
c) richer or poorer? poorer (on paper)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating.
20. How did you spend Christmas? With family.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? No.
22. What was your favorite TV program? NFL Football.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No hating allowed.
24. What was the best book you read? I'll say Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? This would probably require that I listen to the radio, which I rarely do.
26. What did you want and get? The new room.
27. What did you want and not get? Sheep.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? This question assumes I watch movies in a timely manner. Looking through my Netflix history, I see I gave the following movies 5 stars: "Lars and the Real Girl" and "In the Valley of Elah".
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? We were on vacation at Giant City State Park when I turned 56. Not that it is any of your business.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being able to retire.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Hand knits.
32. What kept you sane? Knitting and blogging and yoga.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I loved seeing photos of Hillary and Obama together and really wish they had found a way to be on the same ticket.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Global warming. My heart breaks for the polar bears.
35. Who did you miss? My mom.
36. Who was the best new person you met? I'm going to say my yoga instructors. Because of them, I am stronger and more flexible and healthier (even if I am fatter).
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. The stock market is a lie.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Damn, another song question.