Saturday, January 06, 2018

Red (again)

Last night I barely made it to 9:30 before abandoning efforts to stay awake, that's how tired I was. And even though I overate "supper", I skipped my usual bedtime snack of Cheerios and a banana, so I think I was not completely over the top calorie-wise. I was able to foist the kalpudding off on my daughter and her family, so that is at least out of the house.
  • Laundry day. Vacuuming day. Clean my gross bathroom day. And de-cobweb the bedroom day.
  • My vacuum cleaner needs to be serviced. It's making funny noises but only after I turn it off. Amusing anecdote: Once upon a time I took my vacuum cleaner to the vac shop to be serviced. The vac guy asked me when I had last had it serviced. Blank look from me. Big sigh from him. When I went to pick it up, I could not find the claim ticket. Vac guy asked me what kind of vacuum cleaner it was. Blue? Another big sigh from him. "Canister or upright?" Oh! Upright! At least I knew the answer to that one.
  • The weather was more amenable today by noon, around 13 degrees and no wind to speak of. So the dogs took me on a decent walk for a change. Later this week the temps are supposed to be in the 40's, with rain. Not sure which is worse.
  • While my SO was working, he managed to get in 20 minutes or so of yoga each day. After he retired (about 12 years ago), that discipline fell by the wayside except for when we attended senior yoga classes together. Now he is getting back into his old routine. I'm trying to figure out a way to do the same, maybe rotate short yoga sessions with shoulder exercises or something. I have the daily walking pretty much down, but my upper body is ridiculously weak. Not that I'm actually doing anything about it today besides thinking about it.
  • Knitting: the usual baby blanket quota. I was going to purchase another skein of yarn today, but decided to put that off until next Tuesday when I'll be out-and-about for other reasons.
  • Spinning: I have been resisting the temptation to purchase an antique-looking spinning wheel from Rekindle. I have no room for it plus it needs work and I don't need to get into the spinning wheel flipping business. HOWEVER, I am giving serious consideration to purchasing a traveling wheel, one that folds up and is portable. Mine does not fold up and is awkward to transport.
  • Back to reading Future Home of the Living God. Not sure if I am going to finish it - it's just not grabbing me.
  • Tonight my SO and I went to see an excellent, excellent production of "Red", which is about Mark Rothko near the end of his career. Almost everything I know about art I learned from or through my SO.

No comments: