Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Testing 2

Today I...

* followed my morning routine of coffee and news and social media (if Twitter does not bring me joy, should I thank it and delete my accounts? What about IG? FB?); deleted one of my Twitter accounts, the one with my real name
* weighed myself - I think I lost 2 pounds. Of course, it depends on where one starts counting.
* walked the dogs
* ate breakfast (the usual yogurt-fruit-nuts)
* showered and washed my hair. Now that my hair is shorter, I may have to start washing it more often than twice a week
* ran (more) errands: dropped package at UPS (my Samsung Galaxy S2 Tab needs warranty repair - hope I followed the packaging instructions well enough - since I couldn't disable apps on the device itself, I changed as many passwords as I could think of via my laptop, hope none of my accounts get hacked), deposited a check (not for me, for the HOA) at the bank, strolled through Rekindle (looking for a frame of some sort for my kitchen window, something with a smaller footprint than a drying rack to air my handknit socks on, little chotchkies for the Hamilton printer tray that maybe someday will actually get hung on the wall, a wolf of some sort for Nora - it's her new favorite animal, ideas for storing weaving tools - came up empty; it looks like stuff there is not moving very fast), checked Goodwill for same items - no luck, picked up book on hold at library (Lagom).
* ate lunch: egg and cheese on English muffin, navel orange, popcorn, mocha coffee (soup wasn't thawed enough to get it out of the jar)
* knit two pattern repeats on the baby blanket
* worked a bit more on the optimistically named "fiber studio". I think it is coming together, bit by bit. It would help if I didn't have so much raw material.
* researched more solutions to the dogs turning the backyard into a mud pit. Gravel?
* answered the phone because for once it was not a robocall about medical insurance or my credit cards or the warranty on a car I no longer own
* received boots I ordered from LL Bean. I'm afraid they are too small. Have my feet gotten bigger? Or are shoe sizes shrinking?
* attended the xmas party for Flaxers and Fleecers, the local spinning guild. There was a gift exchange, which I chose to not participate in as this is my first time and was unsure what gifts were "appropriate". Turns out roving with cashmere is very popular, as are little replicas of objects like spinning wheels and knitting bags; books not so much. I took store-bakery cookies, brought most of them home because OMG all the cheesecake!
* watched another episode of Last Tango in Halifax with the dogs. I assumed this Halifax was in Nova Scotia, but then why is everyone driving on the left side of the road? Turns out it is not Nova Scotia but somewhere in the UK.

No comments: