Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Am I tired of this yet?

Today:
  • Lousy night's sleep. I kept waking up because my shoulders hurt from yesterday's injections.
  • I did not walk the dogs in the morning, as the temp was -6 (NEGATIVE 6) and the wind chill factor unacceptable. I can bundle up in layers and put jackets on the dogs, but it is still a bit much to expect out of them.
  • More knitting on the baby blanket.
  • Dusted my bedroom. Later found the cat had upset a glass of water on the nightstand. At least I assume it was Beau the Feline Destroyer of all Things Nice. Since I had a handwoven cotton runner on the nightstand, most of the damage was contained. At least he did not knock over the lamp. I hate broken glass in my bed.
  • Since it was so cold out, I worked on the dogs inside: come, sit, place, heel (off leash). In the afternoon, when it had warmed up to 10 with little wind, I took them both out together. They did good. My new boots did good, too.
  • Finishing up In the Watershed, as it is due back at the library and I can't renew it because of holds. One more chapter to go. This is a small, thoughtfully written book by a local fellow, about a local river, the Maumee.
  • Finished weaving the checks swatch. Even blocked it. Next one is twill, so I researched how to do that on the swatch maker.
  • Leafed through some seed catalogs and updated my yardening spreadsheet a bit.
  • My tablet is back from being repaired. They wiped it, so nothing is installed anymore. Also the SD card is missing. While the tablet has been on vacation, I have been using my laptop, which I think I like better than the tablet. At least it has a real keyboard.
  • Watched two more episodes of Happy Valley. Gritty.

No comments: