Friday, December 22, 2017

Stay-at-home day - almost

Dear diary:
  • Last night I did not sleep well, which is unusual. I use audio books as a sleep aid, but even that did not help. I blame the chocolate I ate at the spin-in.
  • I followed my usual morning routine, except is sounded like one of the dogs threw up A LOT in the crate. My water bill is going up from washing dog bedding. However, this time it was all noise with no results. 
  • Even though I did not want to leave the house, I ran a couple of errands, one to deposit a rather large withdrawal from an IRA account. I didn't want that check laying around the house where it could get pitched with the wrapping paper. I also dropped off the LL Bean boots for return. I let the dogs ride along, so they get used to riding in the car when there is no fun activity in the offing.
  • Some cleaning happened, too! I vacuumed up cobwebs and other detritus usually missed with the regular vacuuming, concentrating on the living and dining rooms. I also dusted.
  • Pasta and homemade marinara sauce for lunch, a loaded baked potato for supper. Now I feel loaded.
  • I knit two more pattern repeats on the baby blanket. I'm itching to do some weaving, though. And spinning. And dyeing. And wool scouring. And even sewing. What happens is I get caught up in all those lovely activities, letting things like housework, errands, etc. slide. 
  • More Last Tango in Halifax. I'm into season three.


No comments: