Thursday, December 21, 2017

Happy Solstice

Calvin and Hobbes:



  • I was able to follow my morning routine uninterrupted as the phone and Internet are back. Yay!
  • Today's color is pink-ish. Sewed a button back on cherry red parka, then washed it - it looks much better.
  • The xmas eve celebration will be at my house, so I'm starting to panic a bit about cleaning. Not actually doing much about it.
  • I reluctantly boxed up boots to return to LL Bean. SO disappointed they are too small. I may have to give up on trying to buy footwear online.
  • I knit two more repeats on the baby blanket. This is for P's daughter and hubby who are adopting a baby in February. If I stick with the plan, the blanket should be done by then.
  • The dogs continue to drag in way too much dirt. Instead of letting them just run loose in the backyard, I am chaperoning them, in hopes of teaching them to stay out of the flower beds and to stop digging holes. I also worked on re-teaching them DOWN, but it did not go well; I need to work with them separately. The mental workout did seem to tire them out, though.
  • My son-in-law showed up to pick up Nora... except she was not here. A rare mix-up.
  • Since I wanted to buy some more chartreuse and turquoise roving, I attended the spin-in at Little Shop of Spinning, but I didn't take my wheel. Worked on a face mask I could have used yesterday. The colors I wanted were not available, so no purchases. Listened to a handful of sad stories; didn't share my own. 
  • Two more episodes of Last Tango in Halifax. More family secrets are revealed.

No comments: