Monday, January 19, 2009

Breathe free or die

Today is a holiday from work (yay) so I scheduled a deep tissue massage (hurts so good). I have had chronic sinus problems most of my life, but especially the past few months, to the point that my inner ears are affected. My massage therapist advertises massage for sinus problems, so I asked for that as well.

The sinus massage includes a hot towel under the neck (ooh), light aroma therapy (mmm), and acupressure (ouch). When she finished, I didn't feel much difference, but figured it was worth a try.

I ran some errands on the way home, and after about 20 minutes, my head opened wide and said, "AAAHHH!" Deep pockets of my sinus cavities experienced fresh air for the first time in forever. In fact, I developed a headache from the internal change in pressure. Whoo!

I am curious at to how long the effect will last, but from today's experience, I recommend that those with sinus problems give this treatment a chance.

No comments: