Sunday, January 21, 2024

Fluted plate in 'Green Tea'

This started out as a bowl, specifically a dog bowl, but it turned into a plate. Then it had so many fingerprints on it, I went all the way and added more, plus the fluting.


My granddaughter came over and I tasked her with glazing the bowl. I suggested Mayco 'Stone Denim', but she thought Mayco 'Green Tea' would be better. I was hoping the texture is deep enough for the glaze to "break" over it.


I am enamored with the results.


I'm not sure what this plate could be used for, other than be an object to admire. Almost all my finished pieces sit on a "sideboard" by the front door, so that visitors can pick one if they so choose, but this one may be a keeper.


Any lessons learned here? So far, most of my vessels don't have feet or rings on the bottom, but I think that is something I should work to add next.

No comments: