Sunday, October 01, 2023

There's a new pottery place in town

Yesterday my SO and I went to the "grand opening" of Fort Wayne Clay. Nicole Capriglione is the proprieter. Since it wasn't busy (yet), she gave us a tour (during which I picked out over $90 worth of merchandise). I wish we could have stayed longer, as they were doing raku firing in the parking lot, but I had committed to being elsewhere. I am signing up for the hand-building class, though, to improve my technique.

The shop is still getting started - awaiting a big, beautiful new kiln - but I'm going to start taking my pieces there to fire. The maker space just doesn't get to my stuff in a timely manner. Besides the kilns not working well, I think production potters are filling them up with their mugs and sellable objects, leaving my measly two or three pieces alone on the shelf, neglected. Like my money doesn't matter.

So, what did I buy? Some tools...


...and a book.


I want this place to succeed, so my pottery dollars will be going here as much as possible. Nicole is *so* excited and personable and I think I will learn a lot from her and her assistants.

No comments: