Sunday, September 10, 2023

Woven clay

My SO and I attended a couple of local art fairs yesterday. We are becoming "regulars" at these things, have developed chatting acquaintances with some of the artists. Joe Pelka, the instructor of the turtle workshop, was there, with his clay and his acrylic paintings. We've run into Elizabeth Wamsley of Art Bank of North Manchester at several fairs, and this time I purchased a raku piece of hers, primarily because I liked how it felt in my hand.



A neighbor of my SO was there with his pottery. Once upon a time, I tried to weave with clay, but all I got was a coaster-sized piece. It's very tricky.


So when I saw clay woven baskets by Raymond, I had to purchase one. It's so impressive. I just love looking at it.



I kept saying that I was getting burned out on art fairs... but the Michiana Pottery Tour is coming up soon. We definitely don't want to miss that.

No comments: