Monday, August 14, 2023

FINALLY

Not only is the one kiln now working at Build Guild, but so is the other (larger) one. Most of the greenware waiting to be bisqued is caught up, so I took in my mason stain samples and a tray that's been waiting. Some of my glazed work is still in the queue and my bisqueware must be in one of the kilns. (I hope.)

The slip mold figurines were fired. Again, I did not create these, just glazed them, using Amaco glazes. Some were chipped here and there, but not badly. (In some ways, I like how these pieces looked before firing.)





I follow several pottery groups on FB and now have a bucket list of things to try: totems, wind chimes, Nerikomi, kurinuki yunomi, etc. Not enough hours in the day.

1 comment:

flurrious said...

I adore how annoyed your birds look. There's a little brown one that sits on my windowsill every once in a while with that same expression.