Monday, July 24, 2023

Frustration builds

I was hoping to report some good news today, but the kilns are STILL not working. In fact, the one that last worked has its controller guts exposed. It does not look hopeful. The plan is to visit another maker space later this week, to see what we can see.

Last week I glazed another slip mold figurine, this one a goat. Today I brushed clear glaze onto some test tiles that I had coated with lumpy slip that had been colored with mason stains.


I'm almost done with the mason stained stoneware "river rocks" that will serve as test pieces before being stacked on a skewer for my viewing pleasure.The workspace in my garage is an ongoing project. I've been packing up stuff to bring home, so it needs some serious reorganizing.


One of the pottery groups I follow on FB is Hand Built B*tches, if you are interested. Someone I follow on IG is Dowidat Ceramics - I've purchased some of her pots. Everyone is such an inspiration.

No comments: