Monday, November 29, 2010

Stuff I wonder about

  • If DST is such a good idea, why are we not on it all year round?
  • Gravel trucks around here have signs on the back telling other drivers to stay 100, 200, even 300 feet back. (That's a whole football field!) The signs also say, "Not responsible for damage." If the truck contains a load of gravel and the driver is too lazy to pull the tarp over the gravel, then yes, they ARE responsible for damage.
  • There are approximately 310,000,000 people in the USA. What if some of those billionaires gave each of us a million dollars? What would happen? (Hopefully, plumbers would blow through theirs really quickly.)
  • Instead of giving money away, why don't the billionaires in the world start new businesses and develop new industries and create new JOBS?
  • If they raise the retirement age, won't that make unemployment worse?
  • Every time I lean over the HOT oven door to haul something HOT out of the HOT oven, I wonder why oven doors don't swing to the side like refrigerator doors.
  • At work, we have dual flush toilets, one mode for solids, one mode for liquids.  I'd like a shower head like that, slow flow for rinsing the body, high flow for getting the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair.  And I want to be able to switch back and forth without having to adjust the water temperature.  Or maybe something like this already exists?  Surely I'm not the first to come up with this idea.
  • I'm watching a PBS special featuring the folk music from the 50s and 60s.  Were we really that young once upon a time?  And when did we get old?

1 comment:

flurrious said...

I wonder how you can tell when yogurt has gone bad. As far as I can tell, spoiled yogurt tastes exactly the same as fresh yogurt.

I am not responsible for this comment.