Thursday, August 04, 2011

Update

  • I went to the pet supply store and bought a big ass litter box for my big ass cat.  Seriously, this thing is so huge you could bathe a toddler in it.  And yet, its footprint is no larger than the tray I had under the old litter box.  And, miracle of miracles, Princess Fern has accepted it.
  • The pet store I frequent serves as an adoption point for cats for Animal Control.  When I was purchasing the new litter box, there was a kitten at the store, all black, about four months old, CRYING.  OMG.  Even though Princess Fern is leading me down the path to a catfree household, I had to flee the building.
  • Unfortunately, I fled to the store next door, Tuesday Morning.  It's like a brick and mortar eBay without the bidding.  I don't stop there often, but when I do, I usually spend $50 without trying.  This time I came out of there with a glass pitcher, four skeins of yarn, and a meat grinder.
  • I don't know if I have mentioned it here, but I don't care for my family doctor - the last time I went to see Dr. W, I had classic signs of diverticulitis, but because I also had a bladder infection (with no symptoms - they just automatically check when I show up), he refused to believe I could have two infections at the same time, so I had to finesse him into prescribing an antibiotic that would work on both.  I wanted to divorce him, but stay in the same multi-location practice, but did not know how to do that without feeling awkward.  Now I don't have to worry - he is changing locations.  Unfortunately, the doctor I want to go to also changed locations, albeit to a different one than Dr. W, but she is not that far away.
  • Where I work, we have a chat tool called SameTime.  Initially, I was reluctant to use it, but have since discovered it is very useful.  Yesterday, however, I had NINE chat windows all going at the same time, flashing on my tool bar every time someone responded.  It was like command central.  Today just the idea of using SameTime makes me feel nauseous.

2 comments:

flurrious said...

Is this the box you got?

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4217935

I saw it in the store and had to laugh at its hugeness. The one I ended up getting is classified as a jumbo and it's a foot and a half shorter than that bad boy.

I want to break up with my dentist and switch to one who's two blocks away, but I can't seem to do it. I would feel bad about hurting what I imagine are his elf-like feelings.

bittenbyknittin said...

Similar litter box - mine also has storage and is about the same price. I got it at Pet Supplies Plus, but I dont see it on their website.

I tried to break up with my gyno one time - I liked her but I had moved to the Big City and it was so far to drive - so I picked one that was practically around the corner. Mistake. I went back to my old doctor, who at least answers my questions and does not deliver babies anymore. Besides, how often does one have a gyno emergency?

My dentist I like. In fact, I'd rather go to the dentist than have a pelvic exam.