- My son graduated from college and moved back to Hoosierdom. This is the closest he has lived to home (and by "home" I mean my house) in ten years.
- My daughter gave birth to the most beautiful baby in the world, making me a grandma for the first time.
- The proud papa earned a promotion at work.
- My SO has a new son-in-law, and he's a good 'un.
- We are all healthy and gainfully employed (except my SO, who is gainfully retired).
While I am not a fan of holidays (although I love paid holidays), the end of the calendar year is a good time to reflect on what has gone before and contemplate what is yet to come. The daily grind is wearisome at times, but all in all, we are doing okay.