Monday, January 08, 2018

January thaw?

The bitter cold weather is done for a while, so now it will be dirty snow iced with freezing rain.
  • I signed up for notifications from the local school system and received one today around 5AM, as school was delayed by two hours.
  • The temps and wind speed were predicted to be even all day, so I took the dogs for a walk this morning.
  • But first, I did a half hour of yin stretches. Pleasantly surprised I was not as stiff as I feared, but now my hips hurt.
  • Since school was not cancelled, Feldenkrais class was not cancelled either. It was my idea to have this class in the daytime and I worried we would not have enough, but all four of us were there - me, my SO, a work friend, and my neighbor across the street. We all had different reasons for being there, but all experienced something new and interesting.
  • Then off to Menard's as they are having their 11% rebate sale right now. I had a list, found almost everything on it. Unfortunately, the humidifier filter I brought home is the wrong size, necessitating a return.
  • I managed to knit the required rows on the baby blanket. Only 4 more 4-row repeats to go before the final border. I could be done this week!
  • More Call the Midwife.
  • I listen to audio books from LibraVox.org as a sleep aid and have fallen in love with David Clarke's reading voice. I've been trying to listen to The Three Muskateers and David Copperfield, but am not enjoying the readers.

No comments: