Thursday, January 04, 2018

Grandma is tired

The cold winter weather continues but it reached a balmy 16 degrees this afternoon. Some snow sprinkles but nothing to get excited about. I used to fret about getting enough snow to cross country ski, but it's been so long, I've basically given up on that activity.
  • Slept in a bit this morning, so I was well rested for what came next.
  • My granddaughter spent most of the day here. The challenging thing is to limit her time on the Nook tablet. Fortunately, many of the games she wants to download don't fit. Also, there are other things to do, like her KiwiCo crate of the month, Biggie Beads artwork, make a "screaming balloon" (something she learned at Science Central), eat mac and cheese, drink hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkles (I don't spoil her much), etc.
  • The Nook was a handy distraction for when I wanted to cook. For some stupid reason, I decided to make both a corned beef and cabbage soup I saw on FB AND a Swedish kalpudding from the NYTimes. Neither were impressive. Two servings of meat in one day is WAY over my limit.
  • The dogs and I did squeeze in a short walk after Nora left. Better-than-nothing category.
  • I also knit the daily quota on the baby blanket.
  • More Hardcore Twenty-Four. As funny as it is, it is not keeping me awake. OMG, am I tired!

No comments: