Sunday, October 15, 2023

Enrolled

My SO and I enrolled in a six-week hand-building pottery class at FW Clay, which starts this week. The goal is to improve our technical skills. I'm excited... and nervous, probably because I plan to bring in some of my own work to fire. That judgment thing. Time to get over that.

Here are some test tiles I've worked up. The plain hearts are made with stoneware stained with mason stain, light olive and dark olive (12% for both, I think). The crosshatch ones are for testing some Mayco Stoneware sample glazes. The holes in all of them are for hanging. (Note to self: include something in these photos, like a quarter, for size comparison.)



In preparation for leaving the maker space and transferring my business to FW Clay, I've been collecting my stuff from the former, fired or not (mostly not). I'm hoping the turn around time at FW Clay will be better, especially now that they have started offering classes. Fingers crossed!

No comments: