Tuesday, July 11, 2023

More glazing of slip molds

The kilns are still not functioning at the maker space, although they hope they will be by next week. They are offering pottery classes but have had to cancel them, which is not a good business practice. We may jump ship and take our clay to another maker space in town. We'll see.

Meanwhile, I continue to glaze the slip mold figurines that someone else made. There is still one goat and a Buddha to glaze. I bought some glaze just for the latter, but the test tile for it has yet to be fired. *sigh*

Meanwhile, on the home front, I started working up the mason stained clay, making wonky little dishes which I am extremely dissatisfied with. One artist I admire is Louise Bourgeois. Among other sculptures, she created stacks of shapes that I've wanted to imitate with clay. So now I plan to shape the mason stained clay into stackable shapes, probably like river rocks.

No comments: