Friday, September 02, 2011

Winded

Have I complained about my job here?  Of course I have, but lately it seems worse than usual.  Ordinarily, it is feast or famine, either absolutely nothing to do or too much to do and all of it due yesterday.  But the past month or so has felt like day-after-day of wind sprints. Go, go, GO! I am a plodder by nature - I can walk all day long - trudge, trudge, trudge - so this fast paced marathon is exhausting me.  Last night it was all I could do to lay on the couch and pretend to be interested in the Colts' pre-season game. I went to bed around 8:30.  So I am really looking forward to this three-day weekend.

A weekend that starts with a marathon session of babysitting, tonight and all day tomorrow.  Fortunately, Baby N still takes two naps a day, plus she is getting to be more fun all the time.  Not only does she crawl, she can walk behind a push toy, much to her delight.  Unfortunately, it is going to be HOT, so no stroller rides around the nabe, my usual go-to activity when she gets fussy.  Maybe I can teach her to walk the vacuum cleaner around the house?

Sunday it is supposed to rain, so it will be the usual laundry and housecleaning day, ending with dinner for my SO and me.  I've been buying grass-fed beef, so even though it will still be summerlike, I plan to cook a pot roast.

Monday is supposed to be cooler, so that will be slave-away-in-the-great-outdoors day, and by "great outdoors" I mean my backyard.  Hopefully, one activity will be the assembling of a patio canopy.  The online reviews warn against following the instructions, so we'll see how that goes.

And then?  Back to the grind.  *sigh*

No comments: